Energy management is a term that has a number of meanings, but we’re mainly concerned with the one that relates to saving energy in businesses, public-sector/government organizations, and homes. Energy management is the key to saving energy in your organization. Much of the importance of energy saving stems from the global need to save energy – this global need affects energy prices, emissions targets, and legislation, all of which lead to several compelling reasons why you should save energy at your organization specifically.
- Tracking your progress at saving energy
- Finding and quantifying opportunities to save energy
- Reduce costs – this is becoming increasingly important as energy costs rise.
- Energy management is the means to controlling and reducing your organization’s energy consumption… And controlling and reducing your organization’s energy consumption is important because it enables you to:
- Metering your energy consumption and collecting the data
- Targeting the opportunities to save energy